Miner's Pass

Miner's Pass
Click on image

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Renye's Two Chairs

The painting below was painted by my friend who passed away 2 years ago. Renye Ress was very talented. About ten years ago, I was fortunate to acquire this painting. I don't know it's title so I call it "Renye's Chair."
She had a show at Common Grounds Coffee House on 32nd and Lowel. It was right before Christmas so I purchased this for my husband. We knew Renye from doing theatre in the Denver area. My memory serves me that when we were around her a lot of laughter transpired.



This is why I could feel her laughing with me when I composed this painting.

It is acrylic, 14" x 11" on canvas. "Renye's Two Chairs" has some elements I borrowed from Renye's painting. You can find it at Stella's Coffee House on February 15th.

Yes, that is a crop circle painting on the wall. The image makes me happy.
It appeared in Lockenridge, Wiltshire, UK in 2008. It looks simple but it is complex. Crop circles are fascinating. I plan to include them more in the future.

No comments: